Thursday, April 15, 2010

Nickie's Baby Shower

Last Saturday I hosted my sister-in-law's baby shower at my cousin Frannie's house. It was a beautiful day and it was really nice to get together with everyone. My brother Nathan and his wife Nickie are due on June 14th, so be prepared for some pictures of the little guy or girl once he or she arrives. This little kiddo will be my first niece or nephew, so I am super excited for he or she to arrive.

For the shower, I made a diaper cake for decoration. It ended up being easier than I thought. I bought 100 Target brand diapers (size 1) for this, but I probably could have used less.

Baby Shower Diaper Cake & Flowers

Here is some more decor. Since they aren't finding out the gender of the baby, Nickie is decorating the nursery with monkeys, brown and green. So the shower was monkey themed. At first I wanted to do a sock monkey theme, but that didn't go with the brown and green, so it became a regular monkey theme. My mom made the bibs from a pattern.

Baby Shower Decor

We played a few games at the party. The pacifier necklaces were for a game where everyone gets a necklace and if you say baby during the party whoever calls you out on it gets your necklace. The person with the most necklaces at the end of the party wins a prize. We also did an obstacle course where you had to put a balloon in your shirt, bend over pick up the doll and then race around the trash can. That was pretty entertaining as you can see from the pictures below.

Baby Race

Another game we played was The Baby Shower Price is Right, where you have the guests guess the price of the baby items. We also made a little scrapbook where everyone guessed the date and time of birth, weight and height, so that will be fun to look back on.

And of course I went a little overboard on the food. I made it monkey themed with monkey bread, chicken enchilada roll-ups, monkey cupcakes, spinach artichoke bites, stuffed mushrooms, banana chocolate chip cake and mac and cheese bites.

Baby Shower Food

Baby Shower Attendees

Nickie opening presents

No comments: