Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Using our CSA Vegetables - Box Two

We did really well using this box considering we barely used any of it on our road trip.

We used the broccoli in this Broccoli Stir Fry. This recipe is from our CSA newsletter.

Brocolli Stir Fry

We roasted the cauliflower with olive oil, salt and pepper and served it with grilled chicken. We really like roasted cauliflower and it will probably be our go to method with this vegetable in the future.

Roasted Cauliflower

The green savoy cabbage was used in two kinds of coleslaw. One was with yogurt and green apples and the other one was this one that I made last summer

Coleslaw

I used some of the curly parsley, garlic scapes and fennel for this tuna salad sandwich. I wasn't a huge fan of the fennel so I barely used any, but I did try it.

Tuna Salad

The green top carrots and sugar snap peas were used in these little lunch packs Patrick made that contained a carrot, peas, grapes, cherry tomatoes, a beef stick, a mozzarella cheese stick and a hard boiled egg. They were actually pretty filling and a nice change from our regular lunches.

We used the green zucchini and patty pan squash in this Spaghetti with Zucchini & Chickpeas recipe that we made last summer. This is a great way to use zucchini and it is super quick since no meat is involved.

I used the cucumber in a cucumber and tomato salad for Ben's Baptism. I didn't take a picture, but I am sure we will make it again. We didn't eat the beets, but they will keep for a long time. The red leaf lettuce did not survive the road trip.

No comments: