Thursday, July 29, 2010

Using our CSA Vegetables - Box Three

Here is how we used our third box of CSA vegetables.

I made hummus for our wine tour and used the cilantro.

Hummus

I used the basil from our CSA to make Peach Basil Sangria for the wine tour.

Peach Basil Sangria

I made this Pistachio Mint Tabbouleh from Vegetarian Times. I only had to buy the pistachios, we had all the other ingredients in our garden. The cucumbers, tomatoes, scallions, mint and parsley were from our garden.

Pistachio Mint Tabbouleh

We also made this Herb Grilled Pork Loin with Grilled New Red Potatoes and Steamed Green Beans.

Pork Tenderloin, Roasted Potatoes & Green Beans

Green Beans

Patrick had been talking about pizza a lot lately, so I decided pizza with green zucchini and tomatoes from our garden would be good to try. We used this pizza dough and this sauce.

Tomato Zucchini Pizza

Our garden is overflowing with cucumbers right now, so I decided to make a cucumber salsa. My uncle had brought it to Mother's Day and I had wanted to try it since then. We used cucumbers from our garden, and the garlic, onion and cilantro from our CSA.

Cucumber Salsa

For lunch one Saturday we had some caprese sandwiches with the basil and tomatoes from our garden.

Caprese Sandwiches

I used the napa cabbage and carrots for the yogurt coleslaw I brought to the Traxler Get Together. We used the red iceberg lettuce for sandwiches and I ate the sugar snap peas for lunch one day. The CSA cucumbers were used for refrigerator dill pickles, but they were a little past their prime so they didn't turn out that well. Good thing we have plenty more cucumbers in the garden and we are supposed to get more in the CSA tomorrow.

We still have the patty pan squash and I ended up throwing out the rainbow chard & red mustard.

Well into our second season of CSA vegetables we are definitely getting more creative and finding good uses for the all the vegetables we receive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site saraandpatrick.blogspot.com
Is this possible?