Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Using our CSA Vegetables - Box Six

Here is how we used box six of CSA vegetables from Driftless Organics.

I made this Ratatouille with the eggplant, peppers, zucchini and tomatoes.

Ratatouille

I used the basil and garlic in the pesto for these Turkey Pesto Sliders.

Turkey Pesto Sliders

We are still working our cucumbers, so I made these Chicken Gyros.

Gyros

After our trip to Ely we were both into fish, so we made our own version with swordfish from Lunds.

Fish Tacos

On our one weekend home, I decided to take advantage of the farmers market. I picked up all the ingredients for salsa and canning tomatoes. I ended up making 14 jars of salsa and 8 jars of tomatoes.

Salsa

Canned Tomatoes

We had a bunch of ripe tomatoes in our garden before we left for our Labor Day weekend, so when we got back we made this Tomato Basil Pine Nut Soup for dinner one night.

Tomato Basil Pine Nut Soup

We had another round of vegetables coming so we used the peppers in Patrick's BBQ Honey Mustard Pasta as well this Veggie Stir Fry.

Veggie Stir Fry

I had picked up zucchini at the Farmer's Market, so I made these Chocolate Zucchini Muffins. I baked mine a little too long, but they are awesome warmed up served with chocolate chip ice cream.

Chocolate Zucchini Muffins

No comments: