Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010

Our weekend was filled with Christmas activities. Both Patrick and I had Friday off, so we spent Christmas Eve Day cleaning and getting ready for our Christmas parties. On Christmas Eve we went to our church for the Christmas Eve service. After the service we came home and made Chicken Parmesan for dinner and opened our gifts to each other.

Caprese Salad

Chicken Parmesan

Christmas Eve Presents

On Christmas Day we headed to my parents' house to celebrate Christmas with my mom's family. I brought this Mac and Cheese to go with the pork loin and oyster stew.

Mac and Cheese

Christmas Day at Mom & Dad's

We left my parents' house pretty early since we were hosting two events the next day. On our way home we went and checked out this amazing light display off Hwy 77 and Old Shakopee Road in Bloomington .

Christmas Lights

The next day we hosted two events. My immediate family Christmas for brunch and a gift exchange. And then at 2pm we were hosted my dad's entire family for the extended family Christmas. For brunch I made a Ham and Cheese Egg Strata that I have made a few times before and my mom brought cinnamon rolls.

Christmas Brunch

Ben eating - seven months

After brunch and the gift opening the extended family appeared. I did a count afterward and we ended up having 38 people over. With the large number of people it ended up going much smoother than I expected. We served cheesy chicken and barbeque chicken sandwiches. Everyone else brought plenty of other appetizers and desserts, so we did not go hungry.

Veggies

Peppermint Bark

Beanner & Joe

Eden

Moriah, Ben & Jacob

Moriah

Sami, Charlie, Shannon & Jake

Luke and Jacob

Ben - seven months

Ben - seven months

No comments: