Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Girls' Weekend

Last weekend was crazy busy. I don't think that I have had so many things going on in a long time. On Friday after work I headed over to my aunt and uncle's house to see my cousin Dan and his wife Gaye who were in town from Istanbul, Turkey. I had to leave early to head out to Pinstripes in Edina for a girls' night of bowling and dinner. It was a ton of fun. We also got to celebrate Elysia's roommate Katie's Last Horah. She is getting married this Saturday, so we had some girl time and a cake to celebrate. Katie showed us all up with her bowling skills. In the second game she got four strikes in a row, a turkey plus one.

Sara Bowling in a Dress

Wine & Bowling

Le, Katie & Kasie

Shanna & Le

Kasie, Elysia & Shanna

On Saturday I was the photographer at my co-worker's daughter's wedding. The weather ended up holding out and we got some great outdoor photos. Here is the post about the wedding on the Pear Tree Photography Blog.

On Sunday morning I met up with my boss and his family for some photos at Moir Park in Bloomington. Sunday was the perfect day for photos, the humidity had finally dropped and the temperature was reasonable. Here are the photos from Tim's session.

After the photo session I headed to Kate's house so we could meet Shanna and Kasie for our 10 Year Reunion Twins Game. At my senior prom in 2001 I won four tickets to a Twins game of my choice. I guess the Twins must not have been very good in 2001 because I could pick any game I wanted and the seats we got were on the 3rd base line in the 3rd row. For our 10 Year Reunion we bought tickets in April for Saturday, July 23rd. Then I ended up having the wedding on Saturday, so we sold the Saturday tickets and bought my work tickets for Sunday. Before the game we ate at the Blackbird Cafe on 38th and Nicollet. We all loved our food and would definitely recommend it to anyone in the area.

On Sunday Bert Blyleven, aka Circle Me Bert, was inducted in the Baseball Hall of Fame so they showed his speech at Cooperstown before the game. Here is Burt's number 28 added to Target Field.

Burt in Hall of Fame

And here is the 2001 Twins Game versus the 2011 Twins Game. I hope we still look this good in 2021 for the 20 Year Reunion.

Twins 10 Year Reunion

Sara and Shanna

Kate and Kasie

Oh yeah and the Twins lost to the Tigers 5-2.

No comments: