Friday, January 27, 2012

Corner Clean Up

Our kitchen is a u shape, so we have a corner that isn't that easily visible from the rest of the kitchen. I have used this area as a dumping ground for just about everything since we moved here. I decided it was way past time to clean this area up.

Here is the view from the main area of the kitchen. See it doesn't look too bad.

Corner Clean Up

And here is the view from a different angle. It looks like a natural disaster came through. No one would even know we have a coffee maker in there.

Corner Clean Up

Most of the disaster is printed recipes that I never look through, random cookbooks and plastic containers I couldn't quite part with. I went through the cookbooks and moved the ones we use to a cupboard designated for cookbooks. I moved the ones we don't use often to a bookshelf in our extra bedroom. I also went through all the printed recipes and only saved the ones we use regularly. I moved the baking supplies and the ice cream maker to the cupboard above. The plastic containers were sorted through and some were thrown away and the others moved to the area above the cupboards. We actually use the chai tea mix often so I put that in a mason jar instead of the ugly container it came in.

Here is the after result. Much better.

Corner Clean Up

And here is our cupboard for cookbooks and the much condensed version of the printed recipes.

Corner Clean Up

The whole project only took a couple hours and it was so worth it in the end.

No comments: