Last night we had our first pasta dish since our 10 Day Cleanse ended. We had this chicken pasta on our menu plan for about 2 months and I just kept moving it to the next week. Well, I am glad that we finally made it. It ended up being really tasty and super easy. I was too lazy to take a photo last night, so this photo of my lunch leftovers will have to do.
Cajun Chicken Pasta
1 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 tablespoons butter or olive oil
1 red pepper diced & 1 green pepper diced
1 pack of mushrooms sliced
1 chopped zucchini
1 green onion chopped
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon dried basil leaves
¼ teaspoon lemon pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon pepper
¼ pound linguine
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Put pot of water on to boil for noodles
2. In large skillet add butter and chicken. Cook 5-7 minutes till done and tender
3. Add red, green pepper, mushrooms, zucchini, onion and sauté about 3 minutes
4. Add all spices and milk over medium heat.
5. Remove from heat and add greek yogurt.
5. Add cooked pasta to sauce.
6. Sprinkle cheese on top and serve
Source: Karen's Recipe