Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Adventures in Film

A few months ago I read a blog post where a photographer bought a cheap full frame camera on e-bay and used their professional lenses to venture into film on budget. After I read the article a light bulb went off and I realized that Patrick had a film camera that my lenses would work on. So I bought some new batteries for the camera and some film and got started taking photos. When I was a kid and I took photos with film I never ventured beyond automatic, so this was fun for me to try out. It's hard not to have the instant satisfaction that digital provides, but it's also ten times as exciting to look back on the photos months and weeks after you took them. I didn't venture beyond our house with this roll, but next time I think I will try out some new subjects for my next roll.

Bacardi Bottle

Headband Making

Running Bibs

Garden - June 2014

Film June 2014

Guac

Film June 2014

Garden - June 2014

Film June 2014

Garden - June 2014

1 comment:

Jachin Rupe said...

Film, and you still took pictures of food. :)

But... I guess I don't know what I would take pictures of instead.